Monday, August 9, 2010

AFS since 2000

Hi everyone! My name is Katie Caporossi. I have been involved with AFS since 2000 and since then I have met many wonderful people all over the world.It is hard to believe that a decade has gone by and since 2000 I have been everything from being a liaison to helping my Mom out with "secretarial" stuff to helping the students out at orientations and everything in between.I have also became freinds with many of the studnets and keep in contact with them through Facebook,etc.Throughout my time,I also have been a little host sister and a big sister to girls from Norway, Germany, Chile, Sweden, and now Italy this upcoming school year. I am so glad that each of my sisters have come into my life. They make me a better person and help me be open minded about other countries and customs. I have visited all of them and loved it! I even went to my sister from Norway ,Hege's, wedding in 2009 which was absolutely beautiful! I know one day I will get to Italy as well...then there will be time for a reunion for sure :)

I decided to start this blogging experience for I read others and liked what I saw.It is definitely something new to me, but also exciting as well.It is something different to do "AFS style" other then photos,and scrapbooking,although they are great too :) Please feel free to leave comments and offer suggestions if desired.

Happy reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment